Newvem Announces New Usage Analytics for Amazon Simple Storage Services (Amazon S3)
Newvem Announces New Usage Analytics for Amazon’s Simple Storage Services (Amazon S3)
Specifically, Newvem’s Amazon S3 analytics offers additional value for Amazon S3 users by enabling amplified visibility into their current Amazon S3 footprint from a few key angles:
- Consolidated view: A one-glance, comprehensive view into all of the user’s Amazon S3 buckets - including total cost, size and volume of stored objects.
- Bucket structure: Drilled-down bucket information providing visibility on the types of objects and their impact on bucket composition.
- Object profile: An object-level analysis of a bucket’s composition that provides a profile of bucket-stored objects, including distribution by type, age, and utilization impact.
By enhancing analytics and visibility into Amazon S3, Newvem Analytics helps users define and implement their AWS storage policies and make confident decisions, such as:
- Which Amazon S3 features are relevant for their usage, like Reduced Redundancy Storage (RRS), Versioning, and Object Expiration
- How to organize Amazon S3 buckets and objects to make Amazon S3 features usage easier and more effective
- The most adequate Amazon S3 configuration to support their storage policy
- How to validate compliance of policies and configurations
- When it makes sense to archive Amazon S3 objects with Amazon Glacier - a low-cost storage service that provides secure and durable storage for data archiving and backup
“Our vision is to not only give AWS users amplified visibility into their cloud usage but also to help them make the right storage decision with the optimal impact on cost and availability,” says Zev Laderman, co-founder and CEO of Newvem. “With Newvem’s unique AWS insight, users can make educated decisions when defining their storage policies and weigh the whole range of Amazon S3 features as well as other AWS services like Amazon Glacier. This results in more effective and efficient use of the cloud and their overall investment.”
Amazon S3 provides a simple web services interface that can be used to store and retrieve any amount of data, at any time, from anywhere on the web. It gives any developer access to the same highly scalable, reliable, secure, fast, inexpensive infrastructure that Amazon uses to run its own global network of web sites. The service aims to maximize benefits of scale and to pass those benefits on to developers.
“A sizeable portion of our AWS usage is on Amazon S3 storage. Since Amazon S3 is so quick and easy to adopt, staying on top of consumption can be a real challenge amid a growing pool of data,” says Chemi Katz, vice president of technical operations at DoubleVerify. “Newvem’s deeper visibility and cost-saving recommendations will be very helpful for us to use Amazon S3 efficiently. With Newvem, we can simplify Amazon S3 management and ensure that we’re being smart about our usage and controlling costs.”
Newvem found that when considering Amazon S3 cost risk, many of its customers first looked at the volume of files stored on their buckets. “In reality, it’s not just about volume, but how the file type affects your overall storage,” added Ilan Naslavsky, chief technology officer and co-founder of Newvem. “In other words, five HD video files stored in Amazon S3 could cost much more than thousands of smaller text files. We reveal this and offer AWS alternatives for our customers to make the right storage decision.”
Newvem’s launch of Amazon S3 analytics comes on the heels of the company’s August release of its Reserved Instances Decision Tool, which helps AWS customers improve their AWS procurement decision on exactly which On-Demand Instances should be moved to Reserved Instances. It also tracks how efficiently Reserved Instances are used and recommends when an underutilized Reserved Instance should be sold on AWS’s new Reserved Instance marketplace. For more information on Newvem’s Amazon S3 analytics web application and its other offerings, please go to www.newvem.com .
Newvem enables AWS users to get the most from their cloud by analyzing AWS cloud usage, revealing problems related to costs, availability, security, and utilization, and offering solutions to manage clouds more efficiently and effectively.
Newvem makes AWS easy through usage analytics and crowdsourced knowledge. Newvem has raised $4M in Series A funding with participation from Greylock Partners, Eric Schmidt’s Innovation Endeavors, and Index Ventures. For more information and to sign up for free, please visit www.newvem.com .
Newvem Media Contact: Jamie Rismiller, 202-223-9260 [email protected]